Things to do with kids in Hampshire in half term and weekends
If you’re feeling the pinch this month and think that you need to stay in to save the pennies, then think again!
Don’t let a limited budget stop you from going out and about throughout Hampshire. There’s loads of free days out in Hampshire you can enjoy as a family, and we have the ultimate list here.
Hampshire Half Term
Save money this half term by using your My VIP Card in over 300 Hampshire businesses. Buying local is so important and as a reward, My VIP Card holders also get access to over 2,500 high street vouchers saving you hundreds on every day spending!
As a thank you, use #HampshireBuysLocal on Instagram for a chance to be featured in our feed.
Things To Do With Kids
We all know how costly it can be to keep the family busy, so here at Hampshire Mums, we’ve put together a list of free fun activities in and around Hampshire to keep you and your family busy regardless of the great British weather.
Here are 33 free days out with the kids in Hampshire that will keep everyone amused whatever the age. Splash parks, playgrounds, museums and activities that are all free! (Parking charges may apply.)
Hampshire Country Parks
Explore Hampshire’s countryside by visiting one of it’s country parks. Take the bikes and scooters and see what you can find. Some even offer free parking and have a playground and picnic benches for you to enjoy!
1) Lakeside (Eastleigh)
2) Itchen Valley Country Park (Southampton)
3) Lepe Country Park (Hythe)
4) Manor Farm (Burseldon)
5) Queen Elizabeth Country Park (Horndean)
6) River Hamble Country Park (Hamble)
7) Royal Victoria Country Park (Netley Abbey)
8) Staunton Country Park (Havant)
9) Titchfield Haven (Titchfield)
10) Basingstoke Canel (Basingstoke)
Free Museums in Hampshire
Looking for somewhere dry to take the kids that’s also free? Try one of these Hampshire museums that are family friendly and fun.
11) Andover Museum (Andover)
12) Army Medical Services Museum Keogh Barracks (Aldershot)
13) Adjutant General’s Corps Museum The Guardhouse (Winchester)
14) Southampton City Art Gallery (Southampton)
15) Curtis Museum (Alton)
16) Eastleigh Museum (Eastleigh)
17) Fort Nelson (Fareham)
Playgrounds in Hampshire
A great and free way for everyone to burn off some energy. See our full list of 67 playgrounds in Hampshire that are all free and picnic friendly for more playgrounds near you.
18) The War Memorial Park (Basingstoke)
19) Harbour View Playground (Fareham)
20) Southsea Common Play Area (Portsmouth)
21) Romsey War Memorial Park (Romsey)
22) Weston Parade Play Park (Southampton)
Free Splash Parks in Hampshire
Cool off in one of these free splash parks. If you have a few pounds spare, then our full list of splash parks, water parks and paddling pools throughout Hampshire will give you some ideas.
23) Hedge End Paddling Pool (Hedge End)
24) Testwood Paddling Pool (Totton)
25) Fleming Park Paddling Pool (Eastleigh)
26) Southampton Common Park (Southampton)
27) Southsea Splash Pool (Portsmouth)
28) Eastrop Park (Basingstoke)
- 15 Splash Parks, Water Parks and Paddling Pools in Hampshire
- 229 Days Out in Hampshire That The Whole Family Will Enjoy
- 67 Playgrounds in Hampshire That You Can Also Have a Picnic At
Beaches in Hampshire
From traditional sand to fun on the stones, we really do have some cracking beaches in Hampshire.
29) Calshot Beach (Southampton)
30) Lepe Beach (Southampton)
31) Tanners Lane Beach (Lymington)
32) Hurst Spit Beach (New Forest)
33) Weston Shore (Southampton)
Things to do with kids in Hampshire
Receive our FREE 101 Free Days Out In Hampshire ebook today by joining our mailing list PLUS freebies, events and news about what’s going on in Hampshire.
If you’re always missing your local baby and toddler group or want a local event to visit this weekend, then come join our Daily Group Email List. You’ll get emailed once a day at 6am with all the groups that are on in your area.
Join our Things To Do In Hampshire With Kids Facebook group and let us suggest somewhere you can go today!
If you enjoyed this post and would like some more ideas on things to do in Hampshire then head over to the Things To Do section here on Hampshire Mum where you’ll find over 50 day out ideas in Hampshire that the whole family will enjoy. You could also pop over and follow our Hampshire days out Pinterest boards for lots more ideas on what you can do as a family in Hampshire; Days Out For The Kids in Hampshire and Cheap and Free Days Out in Hampshire.
Love this post? Then why not save it to Pinterest so you can easily find it later.