We all have months where money is tight and needing free days out ideas for the whole family is a must. Staying in can be fun but when the kids are bouncing off the way, there’s only one thing for it, to get out!
There’s no need to spend your monthly wage on a trip out. We have loads of free days out in Hampshire ideas for the whole family that will keep you all busy and amused, no matter the age!
Looking for a printable guide? Then download our FREE 101 Free Days Out In Hampshire ebook today by joining our mailing list and also receive freebies, events and news about what’s going on in Hampshire.
So here are 49 free days out in Hampshire for families. (Parking charges may apply.)
Explore Hampshire’s countryside by visiting one of it’s country parks. Take the bikes and scooters and see what you can find. Some even offer free parking and have a playground and picnic benches for you to enjoy!
1) Lakeside (Eastleigh)
2) Itchen Valley Country Park (Southampton)
3) Lepe Country Park (Hythe)
4) Manor Farm (Burseldon)
5) Queen Elizabeth Country Park (Horndean)
6) River Hamble Country Park (Hamble)
7) Royal Victoria Country Park (Netley Abbey)
8) Staunton Country Park (Havant)
9) Titchfield Haven (Titchfield)
10) Basingstoke Canel (Basingstoke)
Looking for somewhere dry to take the kids that’s also free? Try one of these Hampshire museums that are family friendly and fun.
11) Andover Museum (Andover)
12) Army Medical Services Museum Keogh Barracks (Aldershot)
13) Adjutant General’s Corps Museum The Guardhouse (Winchester)
14) Southampton City Art Gallery (Southampton)
15) Curtis Museum (Alton)
16) Willis Museum (Basingstoke)
17) Fort Nelson (Fareham)
A great and free way for everyone to burn off some energy. See our full list of 67 playgrounds in Hampshire that are all free and picnic friendly for more playgrounds near you.
18) The War Memorial Park (Basingstoke)
19) Harbour View Playground (Fareham)
20) Southsea Common Play Area (Portsmouth)
21) Romsey War Memorial Park (Romsey)
22) Weston Parade Play Park (Southampton)
Cool off in one of these free splash parks. If you have a few pounds spare, then our full list of splash parks, water parks and paddling pools throughout Hampshire will give you some ideas.
23) Hedge End Paddling Pool (Hedge End)
24) Testwood Paddling Pool (Totton)
25) Fleming Park Paddling Pool (Eastleigh)
26) Southampton Common Park (Southampton)
27) Southsea Splash Pool (Portsmouth)
28) Eastrop Park (Basingstoke)
From traditional sand to fun on the stones, we really do have some cracking beaches in Hampshire.
29) Calshot Beach (Southampton)
30) Lepe Beach (Southampton)
31) Tanners Lane Beach (Lymington)
32) Hurst Spit Beach (New Forest)
33) Weston Shore (Southampton)
Looking for somewhere to take the kids for a picnic or a bike ride? Our full list of walks in Hampshire is here but our favourite are below.
34) River Itchen (Winchester)
35) The Zig-Zag (Selborne)
36) New Forest (Brockenhurst)
37) Farley Mount (Winchester)
38) Keyhaven (Lymington)
39) Butser Hill (South Downs)
Want something a bit different? Have a day out in Hampshire and see what local treasures you can spot from local wildlife to historic monuments.
40) South Sea Castle (Portsmouth)
42) Cruise Ship hunt
43) Hampshire Trails available in most towns
44) Odiham Castle (Basingstoke)
45) Deer viewing at Bolderwood (New Forest)
46) Netley Abbey (Netley)
47) Painted rock hunting anywhere! Find your nearest Facebook group and start searching
48) Hatchet Pond (Brockenhurst)
49) Riverside Park and Mill (Southampton)
Looking for some more inspiration? then why not come join our Things To Do In Hampshire With Kids Facebook group and let us suggest somewhere you can go today!
If you enjoyed this post and would like some more ideas on things to do in Hampshire then head over to the Things To Do section here on Hampshire Mum where you’ll find over 50 day out ideas in Hampshire that the whole family will enjoy. You could also pop over and follow our Hampshire days out Pinterest boards for lots more ideas on what you can do as a family in Hampshire; Days Out For The Kids in Hampshire and Cheap and Free Days Out in Hampshire.
Love this post? Then why not save it to Pinterest so you can easily find it later.